STREAMS Gateway is primarily a machine interface that exposes STREAMS data to enable other systems or applications to deliver functionality to end users.
These systems and applications can be developed by customers, Transmax or third parties. The platform is hosted in Transmax’s managed service environment and this environment supports the processes that are required to quickly deliver customer requests, can scale to meet any demand and is efficient to maintain.
Transmax offers customers a suite of three product options for STREAMS Gateway.
STREAMS Gateway Access enables road authorities to programmatically access data from their STREAMS systems via a suite of reliable, easy to consume APIs. Customers can use data from STREAMS Gateway Access to power a light live application or to populate a data lake with aggregations.
STREAMS Gateway Access provides customers the opportunity to experience and explore many features of the STREAMS Gateway product line at no additional cost when bundled with other STREAMS Gateway licensed options.
Customers wishing to trial the STREAMS Gateway product should contact Transmax to discuss the possibility of a product trial using STREAMS Gateway Access.
STREAMS Gateway Access is also made available to customers who purchase other services such as the STREAMS Smart Motorways dashboard.
STREAMS Gateway Extract enables customers to build their own data lake by simplifying the process to extract accurate logs – typically to be consumed by data exchange type platforms – without having to reconstruct them from frequent polling of live data.
Road agency customers using STREAMS Gateway Extract to populate a data lake benefit from the ability to use the data to:
- optimise an arterial network through the use of historical traffic and intersection configuration data
- perform whole network optimisation through the use of artificial intelligence
- fine-tune algorithm parameters of a new Smart Motorways algorithm and analyse its long-term effects.
Local Government Authorities can use STREAMS Gateway Extract to populate a data lake to:
- use historical traffic and intersection configuration data to optimise the arterial network
- Identify unusual congestion by building congestion profiles according to day type (weekends and public holidays for example)
STREAMS Gateway Live can power customer applications by providing access to live STREAMS data through low-latency REST APIs, and event-driven interfaces. Customers can use external applications that display or respond to STREAMS data in real-time, enabling them to:
- fuse STREAMS data with data from other sources facilitate real-time incident response
- periodically synchronise the GIS model of an external application with STREAMS transport network
- create situational awareness dashboards with live traffic measure and device status information
- inform road users of current road status and safety information on in-vehicle displays.
STREAMS Gateway Live facilitates the provision of accurate information to inform decision making and facilitate real-time incident response. It becomes a tool for customers to:
- improve customer journeys
- provide enhanced services to customers
- improve network performance.
At the discretion of the System Owner, Application API keys will be assigned to one of two usage plans. These plans control the monthly usage and throttling of the API calls, but do not apply to event feeds.